Svar

Not getting broadband to work

Badge
Hi

I have recntly got yousee broadband at my home however my internet is not working. The internet light is not on although i see the upstream light is blinking and downstream light is continously on. The tv at my home is also working fine. I have a coaxial cable jack and i am using tgr adapter provided by yousee.There is an amplifier (its from the landlord) so I am not sure if that coukd be the reason for internet not working.

Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
icon

Bedste svar af ForumBruger710 13 juni 2017, 18:47

I went to the yousee outlet yesterday and they took the router back and gave me a new dsl connection. The technician will come in 15 days to set up that connection and yousee gave me a emergency connection for that time which is really great.

Thanks everyone for valuable suggestions and input.

Thanks

Se original

32 Kommentarer

Omdømme 7
Badge +7
The amplifier may have a filter which stops the data channels. Can you try with out?
Omdømme 7
Badge +7
Can you provide us with the name and model of the amplier. We could check if the amplifier is aproved by YouSee.
Badge
The amplifier is by Digiality House Anplifier HA 023. I have attached the picture of the amplifier. The cable tv stops working if I turn off the amplifier.
Omdømme 7
Badge +6
I'm shure that you have to bypass the Amp, as it is blocking the return Channel, and thereby blocking the function of the internet.
Omdømme 7
Badge +7
Which date should your internet be working from? YouSee sends the equipment som days before they turn the connection at their end.
Badge
I bought it yesterday - the connection and the modem.
Badge
How do I connect the modem without the amplifier?
Omdømme 7
Badge +6
ForumBruger710 skrev:

The amplifier is by Digiality House Anplifier HA 023. I have attached the picture of the amplifier. The cable tv stops working if I turn off the amplifier.

Without return Channel No internet. The Amp have to be bypassed, or an new Amp with return channel will have to be installed.
Omdømme 7
Badge +7
As far as I can see the amplifier is not aproved by YouSee.
Omdømme 7
Badge +7
What date did YouSee say the connection should be working from?
Badge
It was supposed to have started working yesterday itself.
Omdømme 7
Badge +7
I ask because I started to early connecting the router. Rang YouSee and said something is wrong. They said "Yes, your subscription have not started yet":D

I would ask the landlord for a YouSee aproved amplifier. I installed one for at friend and the price was around 650 DKK for the amplifier.
Badge
I just talked to the landlord and he says that the broadband is provided via the old main telephone output, the one with the three flat inputs. Now I dont know what to do with the modem that was provided by yousee.
Omdømme 7
Badge +7
Do you have YouSee cable TV? YouSee must have checked your adresse before providing you with a (coax) router.
Omdømme 7
Badge +6
Well, if the landlord wont upgrade the Coax, so that it is up to the standard needed for Broadband, there nothing you can do, except use a properly poor DSL connection.
Omdømme 7
Badge +7
Send me your address in a personal message. Don't write personal information in the forum!

I will look up your address and see what YouSee provide on that address.
Badge
Sent the address to you (Slangefar) in the private message.

In any case can i return this router and get another one for the phone socket or how does it goes from here?
Omdømme 7
Badge +7
You have access to high speed coax internet on your current address.

Using the telefone lines will give you a rather poor connection with speed around 15/2. You may double that speed purchasing "pair bonding" if available at your location. The reason for the low speed is you are far from the telephone exchange.

Your landlord may not understand the problem and fear paying a lot for a solution. How long are you staying at the address?
Badge
Well we just shifted last week so its going to be another year .

I have not talked to the landlord about the complete problem. May be I would do that tommorow but if he doesnt agree and i have to go for telephone socket connection , how does it goes from here? Can i use the router i have? If not how do i get the other router?
Omdømme 7
Badge +6
Talk with your landlord, and find out if there is a solution to the problem, and then we will take it from there.
Omdømme 7
Badge +7
No, you seem to have a COAX router and need a DSL router for internet on the phonelines. A new YouSee aproved COAX amplifier will be around 650 DKK. Suggest you pay the ammount and get high speed internet. What kind of speed on internet do you need?
Badge
Hello

I talked to the landlord and he didn't agree to get the amplifier changed. He asked me to use the telephone socket to get the internet similar to what last tenants and our neighbours are also doing.

Could you please let me know how do we got about this now? The router and the connection that I have got?

I saw the different connection options for the dsl and they say the same speed that isthere with the coaxial jack. Is that true?

Thanks
Omdømme 7
Badge +6
There is no way that you will be able to have the same speed on DSL as on Coax. As you have been told the speed on DSL will be around 12/5, possible lower, so not good.
You have to contact You See and tell them about the situation, an hear what option you have.
Omdømme 7
Badge +7
You are to far from the telephone exchange to get a good speed on the telephone lines. If you can live with a speed around 15 go to a YouSee shop and replace the coax router with a DSL router.
Badge
Let me go to the yousee outlet near me tomorrow and tell them my situation

But looks like I don't really have too may options

Besvar

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8