Product & Service | YouSee Community

Product & Service

Being a Yousee customer for years (mobil, internet, tv) purchased an iPhoneX - Silver 256gb from Yousee.dk.

7 days later delivered, next morning, opened and began the setup…

“FaceID is disabled there is a problem with the camera”.

Go to work, visit Yousee shop in Copenhagen to no avail, “you can send it back”. - I read the fine print, I pay for postage, assume responsibility for delivery, and it has to be sent back in condition it arrived - that’s impossible as it has been opened.

Go to my local Yousee shop, the fellow there is helpful trying again and again to get the Faceid working. I actually expected a replacement (an immediate solution). But apparently no, apple repair policy or something along those lines.

So, I have to arrange an appointment to get the phone fixed / repaired? What? I bought a broken phone, I don’t want it. As far as I am concerned it’s not fit for purpose.

Call support, helpful lady, tries to assist with a solution (great stuff) I could get a replacement tomorrow from somewhere, different colour though. No thanks.. Pretty sure she was going to email me info / receipt of conversation, so I could go forward and get something done, like some suitable method of sending it back. But nothing.

At this point considering just dropping all Yousee services. But I’ll give them a call them again tomorrow.

Anyway, my question is... what could have been done better?

3 Kommentarer

Omdømme 2
Badge
According to the Danish sale of goods act (Købeloven), by default the consumer has the right to choose between replacement and repair, however the seller can deny a replacement "if it incurs significant costs for them", and there's really no clear definition of that.
YouSee could argue that if they give you a brand new phone and send the other one to Apple for repair, they might end up receiving a fixed phone without the original factory seal, which they would have to sell as a refurbished item or something like that, with a significant price decrease. So it's a tricky situation, I'm afraid.
Here's some information in Danish about the law (maybe Google Translate can be of help): https://www.forbrug.dk/raad-og-rettigheder/forbrugerleksikon/reklamationsret/

I don't know what's the norm regarding smartphones (and certainly not Apple ones), but the right thing would in my opinion be to give you a new phone, especially since you pointed out the issue so soon.
Maybe if you find a YouSee store with a kind-hearted sales assistant you might have luck getting it replaced. 🙂
Omdømme 7
Badge +7
You See do not exchange brand new out of the box phones if there is and issue with them they will be send for repair.
This answer has been given several times on Facebook.
Omdømme 7
Badge +6
You See do not exchange brand new out of the box phones if there is and issue with them they will be send for repair.
This answer has been given several times on Facebook.

Thats also standard at any electronics store you can think of.
Usually an electronics store will try to have it repaired 2 times before they even will consider a replacement, which also is in code with the sale of goods act.

Besvar