Svar

Modem updates randomly (restarts after that)

• Deltager
  • 2 kommentarer
Is there a way to stop the modem updates? After the update is done the modem gets restarted and there is no internet connection for about 3-4 minutes.

It happens almost daily, and it's very annoying to have the internet connection drop. How can I completely disable the updates so the router will never restart? If it's not possible, can you recommend another router which will not restart itself?
icon

Bedste svar af Slangefar 22 juli 2018, 15:41

Your problem is not stopping the updates. Your problem seems to be receiving the updates. Updates er made regular with several months a part. If your router don't update properly YouSee will continue to update for ever and ever very often.

Call YouSee support at 70 70 40 40 after trying a reset of router. A reset of router might solve your problem. YouSee may suggest a manual update when and if they notice a discrepancy in software version in router. If the manual update fails they ship a replacement router to you.

Se original

6 Kommentarer

Omdømme 7
Badge +6
It's not possible to disable updates, modem must restart after update.
Omdømme 7
Badge +7
Your problem is not stopping the updates. Your problem seems to be receiving the updates. Updates er made regular with several months a part. If your router don't update properly YouSee will continue to update for ever and ever very often.

Call YouSee support at 70 70 40 40 after trying a reset of router. A reset of router might solve your problem. YouSee may suggest a manual update when and if they notice a discrepancy in software version in router. If the manual update fails they ship a replacement router to you.
Is it possible to use a coax to ethernet converter and use my own router instead of the one provided by YouSee?
Omdømme 7
Badge +6
No. You bridge the Modem and connect your Router.
That will still not stop the updates and it will still restart making the internet down when it has to do updates. It is already in bridged mode but doesn't help. I just want a converter so I don't have to bother with the modem anymore. Is it possible to replace it with a simple converter?
Omdømme 7
Badge +6
No. Only You See Modems can be used.

Besvar

• :D
    • :?
    • :cool:
    • :S
    • :(
    • :@
    • :$
    • :8